Please note that all programs are offered at the Main campus. Training is offered to
all applicants on an equal basis, regardless of race, color, gender, sexual
orientation, age, religion, national and ethnic origin. The school also complies
with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 which prohibits discrimination against individuals
with disabilities and mandates the provision of reasonable accommodations to ensure
access to programs and services to qualified handicapped persons.
Students are required to complete a criminal background disclosure for all of our
programs. Felony convictions, and pleas of No Lo Contendere may disqualify certain
individuals from obtaining licensure. The programs offered at Palm Beach Academy of
Health and Beauty are designed to prepare an individual for employment in their
field of study. These programs are open for regular enrollment to men and women who
possess a high school diploma or the equivalent. Prospective students are invited to
visit the school and discuss their needs, goals and objectives with an Admissions
representative. A student interested in applying may begin the process by completing
the Application for Admissions on campus. This may be obtained by calling the school
Admissions office at the campus at 561.845.1400.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be admitted to Palm Beach Academy
of Health and Beauty:
- Complete the application and submit it to the Admissions Office at the
address on the form.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Submit transcript or diploma, or recognized equivalency confirming High
School Graduation, a
G.E.D., an Associate, bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Foreign transcripts and diplomas must be translated
into English and evaluated by a recognized third-party
translation/evaluation provider. A signed affidavit statement may suffice,
except for those programs which are Title IV eligible at our institution.
Check with your state and accrediting agency.
- Submit proof that you are a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident or on a legal
status allowing you to study in the
- Ability to Benefit Students may not be accepted if they have never been in
attendance at a post-
previously. A student who attended an eligible program at a Title IV
institution prior to July 1, 2012, may be able to
establish eligibility at the same Title IV institution or a different Title
IV institution under the guidelines provided by
the Federal Student Aid office
- A student who attended an eligible program at a Title IV institution prior
to July 1, 2012, may be able to establish eligibility at the same Title IV
institution or a different Title IV institution under the guidelines
provided by the Federal Student Aid office. These applicants must meet the
grandfathered clause under Gen12-09, to be accepted at Florida Barber
Academy on the basis of
documentation from the National Student Loan Data System that states that
they previously received Title IV aid, or transcript or other documentation
from a previous institution that demonstrates that the applicant was
enrolled or attended an eligible program at a Title IV institution or passed
an approved ATB test.
- Palm Beach Academy of Health and Beauty will accept by exception prospective
students who do not have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent
into the Eligible Career Pathways Program as defined in section 484 (d) (2)
of the HEA. These students will concurrently enroll in an adult secondary
education program while attending Palm Beach Academy of Health and Beauty.
Also, students who are participating in the Eligible Career Pathways Program
may require to attain their high school diploma or GED before graduating
from Palm Beach Academy of Health and Beauty.
- For Active Duty military and Veterans students, the DD Form 214 Certificate
of Release or Discharge from active duty may serve as an alternative
documentation to verify a student’s high school graduation if it indicates
that the individual is a high school graduate or has the equivalent.
Upon acceptance, a student must complete an Enrollment Agreement, provide a copy of
their Driver’s License (or other form of government issued ID) and complete all
necessary paperwork. Applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the Admissions
Office at the desired campus of interest.
Applicants for licensure with the Florida Massage Therapy Board must be
18 years of age or have a high school diploma or GED.
Veterans are admitted on the same basis and criteria as other applicants. Students
seeking veteran s educational benefits must contact the Veterans Administration (VA)
Certifying Official and/or Financial Aid Representative at the campus. Certification
of enrollment is made by the VA Certifying Official. Funding from the Veterans
Administration may be paid directly to the students by the Veterans Administration
office. For other VA funds such as Chapter 33, the funds are sent directly to the
school. Below is a list of eligible programs offered by the school:
- Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill®)
- Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment – VR&E)
- Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill®)
- Chapter 35 (Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program - DEA)
- Chapter 1606 (Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve)
- Chapter 1607 (Reserve Educational Assistance Program - REAP)
For a list of required documents for students to apply for VA Educational Benefits
at Palm Beach Academy of Health & Beauty, please contact your Financial Aid
representative and/or VA Certifying official at the campus.
For additional information regarding VA Educational Assistance and to download
related forms go to www.va.gov
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The International applicant who wishes to study at Palm Beach Academy of Health &
Beauty® (PBA) must:
- Speak to an Admission Representative regarding the programs offered at the
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Possess the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma AND, Provide high
or an evaluation of the high school transcript/diploma; Foreign transcripts
and diplomas must be
translated into English and evaluated by a recognized third party
- Choose the program that he/she will study and the location.
- Complete the International Student Application Form (IN-100) and submit it
via e-mail to your
- Pay a one-time non-refundable $100.00 USD application fee. This fee should
be paid via wire
transfer to the school’s account at the same time you submit Form IN-100.
The information on the
schools account is found on the I-20 package.
- Have all documents translated into English by a professional certified
- Submit original documents, which will be returned to the applicant upon
review by the International
- Complete all forms in their entirety.
- Have all forms typed. Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
- Have a valid passport for at least six months beyond the applicant’s
intended period of stay in the
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY
The I-20 package is the right source of information for you, as it provides you with
everything you need to know in order to apply to Palm Beach Academy of Health &
Beauty®. The International Package can be found on our website at www.pbacademy.edu
in the International Student
Admissions tab under Admissions. Please be aware that the Certificate of Eligibility
(Form I-20) will be generated once our International Department receives a completed
In order to obtain your I-20 signed by Palm Beach Academy of Health & Beauty®,
International Applicants must read and comply with ALL the requirements listed in
the International Package (I-20 package). All forms must be typed and mailed to your
Admission Representative. The non-refundable application fee and the down payment
must be paid via wire transfer to the international school account or in person at
the school, if in the U.S.